EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH HUDA BEAUTY & MONA KATTAN

Hey Luvies,

I was invited to attend the exclusive Grand Opening of The Fashion Capitals of The World event at Moda Mall with the gorgeous Huda Kattan of Huda Beauty, the lovely Mona Kattan of Dollhouse Dubai, and the stylish Sally Matthews from Harper's Bazaar Arabia. 'The event which is in collaboration with Harper's Bazaar Arabia, is gearing up to showcase fashion, beauty, style and creativity as part of it's magnificent MODA Mall Fashion Festival 2013, taking place from 25th September to 12th October 2013.'

The grand opening kicked off with the ribbon cutting followed by the Kattan sisters sitting with Harper's Bazaar Arabia Sally Matthews to talk Beauty and Fashion. After a few photos and media interviews, I then got the opportunity to sit and interview the Kattan sisters myself! How Exciting! 



The Kattan sisters are both gorgeous and very sweet women. I was glad I got the opportunity to speak to them one on one and get my questions answered. By interviewing them I realized how different they are from each other, Huda is more classic and Mona is more funky. They're both very sweet ladies, check out the interview below as well as photos from the event!

What are your 3 favorite brands for clothing?

Huda: "I definitely love Givenchy, thats one of the first brands I look to. I love Christopher Kane. I really do love Gucci recently too, been buying alot of Gucci shirts, I love the leopard that they've been recently having, I love leopard!"

Mona: "For me I love Dolce & Gabanna, I think its so nice because its so feminine, its really colorful and they use a lot of different textures, I think its really amazing. I also really love Manoush, very funky, very colorful, a lot of different patterns. Mc Queen, he's super edgy. I'm not really a person who is very brand loyal, I know thats horrible, I don't care what a brand is, I just if I like it I'll buy it. I love niche brands that no one has heard of. When I see something that I know nobody else will have, Ill buy it."

Here's when I realize how Mona and I have similar taste, everything she mentioned is so me!

then Mona Says: "Ya I was looking at you, I was like I love her outfit!"

Here is when I started cheesing! "THANK YOU! =D"

Huda: "Ya, Mona would like more towards the local designers, I actually like somewhere like here (MODA mall) is where me and my husband would shop."



What are your top 3 brands for cosmetics?

Huda: "Definitely for me Chanel, I love Chanel because ok there are a lot of different brands that are high end that have good products but Chanel overall is an amazing brand, the quality is fantastic, the colors are amazing and they come out with great collections so overall its my number 1 go to brand. I also love Bioderma, they have amazing skincare and also from Bioderma, Institut Esthederm, incredible brand, its really revolutionary, they were the first ones who created SPF for sunscreen, they're the first ones to ever actually release products that could completely heal your skin."

Mona: "For me I really love MAC"

Huda: "womp womp, I'm not a big fan of MAC at all!"

Mona: "Its probably not Huda's favorite because she's too advanced for me, but I love MAC's makeup because you know you have so many colors and I love the fact that they come with something new all the time. Every time I go there they have a new lipstick, a new blush, so it's really great. I also really love Givenchy makeup, I think its really good quality. And for skincare I'd have to say I really love Shiseido, its really great, I've been using their eye cream for years, I can't stop."



What's your go to accessory piece? (Jewelry)

Huda: "I would say sunglasses, not jewelry I know. But I have something that I really love, I bought it from Saks, The Venna necklace, it's really stunning and one of my favorite necklaces that I've ever purchased. Its one of those really statement pieces thats just super beautiful and every time I wear it I get such an amazing response from people, whenever I wanna feel gorgeous, I wear that."

Mona: "I'm an accessory addict, I have this necklace here, I never take it off, I feel like its very light, its simple, it doesnt show too much, I really like that. And I always keep my watch on, I mean I take it off when I go to bed but I love it, its actually me and my friends we have this brand the puppet show, so this is like the iraqi emblem and we have one for all the gcc countries. Normally I wear a pair of earrings that my sisters got me for my birthday, I usually never take them off but today I put on a big pair. You know I'm very sentimental, things that have a lot of meaning, I usually never take them off."

And there you have it! The Kattan sisters must have clothing, beauty and jewelry brands/ items!

Thank you so much Huda and Mona for taking the time to sit with me and answer my questions I really appreciate it and I'm sure my readers will love the interview too! And Thank you for the Giselle lashes Huda! I can't wait to wear them! Saving them for a wedding I have coming up, will post photos when I do ;) Hope to see you two in Reem BuQais-Rivera designs, thinking of custom designing pieces for you lovely ladies, stay gorgeous and I hope to see you when I'm visiting Dubai, will definitely have to stop by The Dollhouse ;)
 
I gave Huda and Mona a little something from my collection, the peplum piece from my Resort 2014 collection! Check out Huda posing with it below, such a sweetheart!









I wore the pants from my Resort 2014 collection with my FMM by Fatma Al Mulla bag with a neon top from Zara, White Blazer from H&M, Statement Necklace and White Heels from Stradivarius.

Stay tuned for my next post, an exclusive interview with Sally Matthews, Fashion and Beauty Director of Harper's Bazaar Arabia!

No comments:

Post a Comment